Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Morning


Sunday, everyone but Dan slept in late.  When I (Jacqueline) got up, Dan and I decided to make a run to the nearby cemetery where garbage and recycling are dropped off.
We had spotted people reading the signs near all the garbage and recycling receptacles, so we brought a dictionary as a reference in case it was as complicated as it looked.
When we parked the Pope Mobile, we were suddenly aware of how casually dressed we were.  Next to us, a carload of dressed-up people got out with flowers to visit a grave.  I pretended to take a photo of our vehicle and cleverly got the grave-visitors in my shot.

Fortunately, there were images as well as words on the trash/recycling/compost containers.  We only had to refer to the dictionary once.


After dealing with the trash, we walked in to take a peek at the cemetery.  At first, I thought all the flowers on the graves were real, and I marveled at how well-maintained everything was.  Looking closer, the flowers appeared to be plastic.  It’s the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment